Wednesday 2 September 2009

First Day Thus Far

So, I went to bed at half ten last night, and awoke at 8. So... that was pleasant. I may make a habit of this. No waking early in a strange place, which I enjoyed. And when I did wake in the night, I just rolled over and went back to sleep.

My days starts at 9:15, so I may get in slightly earlier to check emails and so on. We have our morning prayers at 9:15, and they end... well, when they end. I'm not sure there is a set time.

And then, to real work. Real, helpful, responsible, paid, church work. My first task? To go and buy milk. My second? To make the tea. It seems there has been some mix up between 'Lay Assistant' and 'lackey'. Not to worry. Not really doing too much today, so enjoying this freedom, and, well, blogging.

Tonight is meeting with a group of neighbours, to introduce myself, and so on. Should be an interesting experience. I am, by the way, working on the alternative blog, but wondering the viability and morality involved. I'll keep you posted.

Thank you all for your prayers. They are greatly appreciated. You are greatly appreciated.

1 comment:

Elizabeth said...
This comment has been removed by the author.