Wednesday 11 February 2009

I forgot this one last night: cycling home in the dark yesterday, I currently don't have a back light for my bike. I have been aware of it not working for a while, but have yet to get round to doing anything about it. Last night it seemed to incur the wrath of more drivers than normal. That I can get over. It's a stupid thing to do, but there wasn't much I could do about it. But then, as I cycled through Northwood, I spied a fire engine. A little shoot of adrenaline coursed through me, before I realised that firefighters are not moral agents. They do not tell you what is good or bad. All they care about is fire, or no fire. They deal in no other terms. But I have an innate fear that if they're on the end of a 999 call, they can tell me what is and isn't right. Weird.

No comments: