Thursday 13 January 2011

The Blog Of Common Fare

Blogging is a lot like liturgy.

I decided to try and blog more regularly, in the vain attempt that more people would visit this corner of the internet and love me. But I find that in trying to write regularly, some of what I say sounds forced. That's mainly because it is forced. If I am reminded, by myself, or by my darling girlfriend, to blog, it then feels like a chore, as opposed to a joy.

Blogging is a lot like liturgy.

But in blogging more regularly, I hope that something will change. I get into a rhythm of blogging. I shall begin to know what people are expecting and when, and hopefully appease the adoring public. My slightly erratic writing style will become something more solid. Hopefully others will appreciate it, as well as growing to love it myself.

Blogging is a lot like liturgy.

I hope that in this simple idea, even on days I really don't want to do it, or I feel uninspired, I can still get down to it and write something simple, or post a thought. I don't think it's going to change the world, but I do think that it might make me a slightly better person. I don't think that I'll have people flocking to my blog, but I do think that I will no longer be the point of writing this blog.

And that's why I think blogging is a lot like liturgy.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I like it, David — like it a lot. As you've no doubt noticed, my blogging is sporadic, which is probably a good thing; but if I were to commit myself to regular blogging, thinking of it like this would certainly help: thank you.

May your blogging be a blessing;
May your blessing be gracious;
May you be filled to overflowing
with grace and love and peace.

David said...

You're very welcome. And despite sporadic, you still seem to have a loyal following. 'Tis most impressive.

And a blogging blessing - I like!

Elizabeth said...

Have some love from me.