Friday 30 May 2008

Nowt

Today, there were two things of note and not much importance. However, at this present moment, I cannot remember them. Which, in my view, just shows their import. This said, when I remember them, I shall be convinced of their noteworthiness. Bear with me...

OK, one. It may not have been the original thought that I had, but it's of slight interest. I managed to not remember cycling up the largest hill on the way to college. Now, doesn't sound impressive in itself. More worrying, than anything. But I loved the experience. Cycling on auto-pilot happens all too rarely for me, and for it to happen during the most strenuous part of my journey was a great pleasure. I remember going over the roundabout (in the proper manner, after the Highway Code) before the hill, cycling a little way up it, but then I got lost in a day dream about playing rugby, being the only man who could catch up with the opposing winger who had broken away and heading for the try line. Irrespective of the pain that may be caused by the speed with which he is pumping his legs back and forth, I launch myself forward and wrap my thin, fragile arms around his legs and he comes tumbling down, just short of the try line. By which time, I'm at the top of the hill, slightly out of breath, and feeling the ache in my legs, but with no remembrance of the event whatsoever.

In all honesty, I can't remember the other thing, if there ever was one. So stick that anecdote in your pipe, and smoke it. You'll just have to come back sometime.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That was beautifully homoerotic - I knew you had it in you somewhere.