Monday 6 December 2010

Good morning, world

So, here we are, at a Monday morning again. I overslept, and, probably due to my considerably erroneous sleep patterns of the weekend, now have a cold.

I realise I haven't said much in the way of words recently. It's been all videos and pictures. This is because I don't think I have much to say. Also, pictures are pretty, unless they're of a meaty nativity scene. Which, could be pretty, depending on your proclivity for uncooked pig flesh.

Anyway, this cold/frosty/snowy/equatorial [delete as applicable] morning, I thought I'd share a link with you. It's an article by Victoria Coren, the female spawn of one of my favourite humorists, Alan Coren, who died a few years back. It's about her chatting up the Archbishop of Canterbury, and how atheists get all the intellectuals. I can think of, well, lots of intellectuals who would have a problem with that.

As I'm only just about a believer (Phil's old dictum: it's not that I'm hanging onto God, it's God hanging onto me) and hardly an intellectual, I shan't really say much. I would want to echo her words that believers make themselves known, but to imply that intellectuals are in hiding is daft. Look at people like McGrath and Hauerwas, experts in their field, believers, and not afraid to engage with what Christians call 'the real world.'

Any thoughts, opinions? Get involved.

No comments: